Thursday, April 30, 2009

Creativity pays off for stylish Fergie at Hot Hollywood party

Fergie is shocked that anyone would consider her a style icon.

"I'm actually never surprised when they put me in the 'don't wear this' column; I've definitely been there before," giggled the newly brunette singer - "I'm in the brunette club now, girl!" - Wednesday night at the Us Weekly Hot Hollywood Style party.

The singer and actress was honored as the Style Icon of the Year by the magazine. The event attracted an eclectic mix of celebrities, including actress Taraji P. Henson, country crooner Martina McBride and glam rock girl Kelly Osbourne.

"For me, it's such an honor. I really pay attention to fashion. I love to get creative with my fashion, just like my music. It's a very creative process for me," said Fergie, who wore a mix of high- and low-end clothing (a Donna Karan clutch and Target vest).Henson was knighted The Surprise Siren by the magazine.

"As an aspiring actor … you pick up these magazines and there's always a list of people who have made it to some list and you think 'Maybe one day I'll make it to the list.' Well, today is that day for me," said Henson, who wore Emanuel Ungaro. "It's just not about the acting, it's about everything. It's the whole package."

Henson, nominated this year for an Oscar, said she's still recovering from awards season.

After the Academy Awards, "there was a moment of exhale and then a withdrawal," she said. "Because I was so busy, busy, busy, then I hit a brick wall and it was like what do I do now? Thank God Tyler Perry called and I was working in three weeks. I didn't have much time off!"

Jordana Brewster looked anything but casual, draped in a black Dior dress. The Fast and Furious actress received the Casual Clotheshorse honor.

"Sometimes when I'm too dressed up, my husband is like 'Um, why aren't you wearing the jeans?' " Brewster said. "But I like playing dress-up. That's what's fun about this job."

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POST

Related Posts with Thumbnails