Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kim Kardashian: vs. Miss California: The Battle Begins

Add another voice to the debate about Miss California Carrie Prejean's anti-gay marriage remarks.

Keeping Up With the Kardashians star Kim Kardashian lays into the beauty-queen contestant in an interview with People magazine, saying that Prejean's attitude "puts us back."

"I don't agree with her narrow-mindedness and neither do a lot of people," Kardashian opines. "I'm not so narrow-minded so I definitely think a lot broader. Everyone has the right to be happy and be treated equally and I think not allowing gay marriage just kind of puts us back."

Adds Kardashian, "I believe you're in love with who you're in love with, and you should be able to marry them. No one should tell someone else how to think or how to feel."


During Sunday night's Miss USA competition, Prejean replied to a question about the legalization of gay marriage by saying, "In my country, and in my family, I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman."

Prejean later told the Today show's Matt Lauer that her statement was "biblically correct."

Since then, Prejean has been criticized by several in the entertainment community, notably Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus.

But even though Kardashian is siding with the critics, she says she respects Prejean's right to her opinion.

"I obviously have a completely different opinion but I think her answer was true to her, "That answer represented her and how she felt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion."

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POST

Related Posts with Thumbnails