Monday, May 18, 2009

Here is what Obama reads before he sleeps

Washington, May 18 : U. S. President Barack Obama has revealed that he is presently reading a book by Joseph O''Neill, titled `Netherland'.

He has revealed that reading the book for a half hour forms part of his daily schedule-which includes morning workouts, office work, and spending time with his family.

"I''m a night owl. My usual day (is): I work out in the morning; I get to the office around 9, 8:30 a. m. to 9 a. m.; work till about 6:30 p. m.; have dinner with the family, hang out with the kids and put them to bed about 8:30 p. m. And then I''ll probably read briefing papers or do paperwork or write stuff until about 11:30 p. m., and then I usually have about a half hour to read before I go to bed . about midnight, 12:30 a. m.-sometimes a little later," News Week quoted the President as saying.

As to what the book is about, Obama revealed: "It''s about after 9/11, a guy-his family leaves him and he takes up cricket in New York. And it''s fascinating. It''s a wonderful book, although I know nothing about cricket."

Obama also revealed that he did not watch cable news at all.

He said that the only thing he watched on TV was sports.

However, the President does enjoy films, with the latest seen by him being Star Trek.

"Now, movies I''ve been doing OK [with] because it turns out we got this nice theatre on the ground floor of my house . So Star Trek, we saw this weekend, which I thought was good," he said.

When asked whether he watched Star Trek when he was growing up, he said: "I used to love Star Trek. You know, Star Trek was ahead of its time. There was a whole-the special effects weren''t real good, but the storylines were always evocative, you know, there was a little commentary and a little pop philosophy for a 10-year-old to absorb." (ANI)

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POST

Related Posts with Thumbnails