Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jessica Simpson Tells All

Everyone's talking about Jessica Simpson's fit and trim figure on the cover of Vanity Fair's June issue. After all, the media has been obsessed with scrutinizing her weight and her love life! Still, the pop star forges on and candidly discusses her life's ups and downs in the VF profile, which also features the first official interview from her boyfriend, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, about their relationship. "She has a very small-town side to her," shares Romo. "We're very similar in that we both appreciate the hometown feel to a lot of things, and live our life like that."


Get a preview of what small-town Simpson has to say about ...

Christina Aguilera:
"My album was different. I released a ballad first. I wasnt dancing and doing that whole thing. I wanted to set myself apart. But I was always third runner-up."

Ex-Husband Nick Lachey, and Whether or Not "Newlyweds" Affected Their Marriage:
"I have not spoken to him in years. As for the show, in all honesty, I believe it did not affect our marriage. Because we enjoyed watching those episodes, and that will always be a time I cherish. It made me understand what marriage is, what love is, what commitment is."

Media Criticism:
"When it comes to media criticism, that's just something I have had to train myself - literally train myself to ignore. I mean, the way people make it sound, I should have never been singing in the first place... It comes with what I do, and I know that every day the media's going to challenge me, is going to want to bring me down. But I feel like I'm at such a place that I own myself, and it's authentic. I own that authentic part of myself, and none of those words are harsh enough to make me believe them. I can't imagine saying some of the things people have said about me about anybody else."

Her Relationship With Her Father, Joe Simpson:
"I can talk to my dad like he's my manager, and put 'Dad' on the back burner. We've been doing it since I was 13. So, at this point, we're in a good rhythm. A lot of people find it strange, but it's the only way I know. And I don't care to know another way, because it suits me. And we've done a pretty dang good job."

Her Early Thoughts on Marriage:
"It was what we all wanted. Go to college, get married, and have babies. It was my way of thinking. At 16, every boyfriend I had I was going to marry."

Watching Cowboys Games With the Other Players' Wives:
"It's a nurturing place to be, around people who love their husbands, but it gives me anxiety to watch with them."

Her Faith:
"I'm spiritual. I live off the faith that has been instilled in me, that has never left. I've never let a stumbling block actually make me fall... We all go through trials, but not one thing has ever made me question God. I have a great relationship with God. I can talk to him, get mad at him, frustrated with him. But, ultimately, my faith is what defines me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POST

Related Posts with Thumbnails