Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mia Farrow ends hunger strike for Darfur after 12 days

Washington, May 9 : Actress Mia Farrow has ended her liquid-only fast aimed at drawing attention to the people of war-torn Darfur.

The 64-year-old actress and humanitarian stopped her fast after 12 days due to "serious health concerns" her doctor raised, reports People.

The last two days had become unbearable for Farrow, who took to her blog to say, "I''m really struggling" and "I won''t be able to continue much longer."

On Friday, she wrote, "I have ended this fast."

"I have been instructed by my doctor to stop my fast immediately due to health concerns - including possible seizures," wrote Farrow.

"I am fortunate. The women, children, and men I am fasting for do not have that option," she added.

Airline magnate Richard Branson says that he will take over the fast for the next three days.(ANI)

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POST

Related Posts with Thumbnails