Thursday, May 28, 2009

Taylor Swift: "I Don't Compete" With Pal Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus has nothing to fear. Taylor Swift is not her competition.

"I've always approached this from the place where I don't compete with other girls," the 19-year-old country singer tells the Associated Press about pals Cyrus and Selena Gomez. "I don't compete with other people in the industry. I compete with myself."

Swift adds that she wouldn't have the two 16-year-old Disney Channel stars as friends if she was more cunning.

"If I looked at every other girl in the entertainment industry as competition, my life would be really lonely," she says. "I wouldn't have some of the coolest friends that I'm so glad I've gotten to know over the last couple of years... It's really awesome to get to hang out with those girls and to call them friends."

Still, Swift -- who was famously dumped by Jonas Brothers' Joe Jonas last year -- worries that it's difficult finding a boyfriend in the spotlight.

"When you strategize a relationship too much, like, 'We're not gonna be public about it, and we're gonna say this in interviews,' when you think it all out, I think that complicates the relationship," she says, adding that she doesn't care what her love interest does or how he would affect her career. "I think that's unfair for the relationship."

She adds that she's not in search for a new beau at the moment.

"I don't look for boyfriends," she says. "I don't really scour the awards shows for who I'm going to date, but I think love happens when you're not looking for it, and when it happens, I'm not going to be the one to overthink it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POST

Related Posts with Thumbnails