Sunday, April 19, 2009

Anne Hathaway Wins Best Actress At 2009

Anne Hathaway Wins Best Actress At 2009 Critics Choice Awards
Anne Hathaway poses with her award for Best Actress in the press room during VH1’s 2009 Critics’ Choice Awards held at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium on January 8 (Thursday) in Santa Monica, Calif.

The 26-year-old actress rocked out a black-and-white Gianfranco Ferre dress. Anne finished off her look with Brian Atmood peep-toes and Cartier jewels.

“As long as a designer makes pretty dresses, I should still be in business,” Anne told USA Today. “And I love this one so much because it’s like two dresses in one.”

Anne and Meryl Streep tied for best actress for Rachel Getting Married and Doubt respectively.

The most touching part of her acceptance speech is when she thanked her father. She said, "I want to thank my dad" who protects me and has shown me that there are good men in this world and lets me know everyday that I am worthy of the love of good people.” (She’s referring to her convict ex-boyfriend.)

Anne added backstage, “Meryl is my idol. To win with my idol who I was nominated against is amazing. I’m so thrilled for her and I’m very thrilled for myself, too.”


Anne Hathaway was born on born November 12, 1982 in Brooklyn, New York. She is an American actress. Anne Hathaway Height : 5'8"/173 cm.

Biography and Career :
Anne Hathaway grew up in New Jersey and graduated from Millburn High School, and also spent several semesters studying at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York, before transferring to New York University's Gallatin School of Individualized Study.

Anne Hathaway's first major role came in the short-lived television series "Get Real" (1999).
She gained widespread recognition for her roles in The Princess Diaries (2001) and its 2004 sequel as a young girl who discovers she's a member of royalty, opposite Julie Andrews and Heather Matarazzo.

Segueing to the big screen, Anne Hathaway was cast in the independently pr
oduced fact-based tale of a missionary to Tonga "The Other Side of Heaven," which did not make it to theaters until 2002.

Anne Hathaway , who is a former top-ranking soprano, was reportedly a front-runner for the role of Christine in the 2004 film adaptation of The Phantom of the Opera. However, due to scheduling conflicts with The Princess Diaries 2, she could not take the role (which was eventually played by Emmy Rossum).

Trivia :
- Goes by the name Annie with all of her friends.
- Has 2 brothers.
- Attended Millburn High school.
- Daughter of stage actress Kate McCauley.
- Is a vegetarian
- Father Gerard is an Attorney, mother Kate is a singer/actress.
- Grew up in New Jersey
- Has the same name as William Shakespeare's wife, Anne Hathaway.
- Named one of People Magazine's 'Breakthrough Stars of 2001'.
- Named one of Teen People Magazine's 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 in its June 2002 issue.

Quotes :
- "I look my best after an entire hair and makeup team has spent hours perfecting me. When do I feel my best? When I haven't looked in a mirror for days, and I'm doing things that make me happy."

- "Kindness is really important to me in finding my own prince - so are patience and a sense of humor. Without those qualities he's no Prince Charming!"

Filmography :
1. Becoming Jane (2007) (post-production) .... Jane Austen
2. The Devil Wears Prada (2006) ...Andy Sachs
3. Brokeback Mountain (2005) ...Lureen Newsome
4. Havoc (2005) .... Allison Lang
5. Hoodwinked (2005) (voice) .... Red
6. The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004) .... Mia Thermopolis
7. Ella Enchanted (2004) .... Ella
8. Nicholas Nickleby (2002) .... Madeline Bray
9. Neko no ongaeshi (2002) (voice: English version) .... Haru
... aka The Cat Returns (International: English title)
10. The Other Side of Heaven (2001) .... Jean Sabin
11. The Princess Diaries (2001) .... Mia Thermopolis
12. "Get Real" .... Meghan Green
- Anatomy of a Rumor (1999) TV Episode .... Meghan Green
- Stay (1999) TV Episode .... Meghan Green
- Passages (1999) TV Episode .... Meghan Green
- Sexual Healing (1999) TV Episode .... Meghan Green

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POST

Related Posts with Thumbnails