Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mia Farrow ‘disappointed’ over not being able to finish 21-day fast

Mia Farrow has admitted that she was very disappointed for not being able to complete her 21-day fast.

The actress started three-week hunger strike on April 27 (09) in a bid to raise awareness of the plight of starving refugees in Sudan.

However, her fasting came to an end on May 06(09) when her doctor warned her that she could suffer seizures.

The Rosemary''s Baby star revealed that she lost 13 lbs (5.9 kg) during her 12 days of fasting, and became so weak she couldn''t stand.

"I was very disappointed. I am a very stubborn person and very determined. I had modified my goal from 21 days and really hoped that I would reach my goal of fasting for 16 days, which is the number of aid agencies expelled (from Sudan)," the Daily Star quote her as telling People. com. (ANI)

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POST

Related Posts with Thumbnails